2020 AHA Heartsaver® CPR AED Student Workbook
Student workbook for the Heartsaver® CPR AED Course, providing students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of CPR and how to use an AED
The Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook contains all the information a student needs to successfully complete the Heartsaver CPR AED Course and is a required text for course training. Designed for a single user, this text is a valuable reference tool before, during, and after the course. This workbook is also available in eBook format (#20-3116).
- Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC),
- Course provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of CPR and how to use an AED.
- Empowers students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community.
- With online, onsite, and classroom training*, this course offers flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs. (*Training options may vary by Training Center.)
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concept of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Demonstrate giving effective breaths by using mouth to mouth or a mask for all ages
- Demonstrate performing high-quality CPR for an adult, a child, and an infant
- Demonstrate using an AED on an adult and on a child
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
- 88 pages of full-color images and text
- Saddle-stitched within a full-color soft cover
- (1) 2.875″ x 3.75″ 7-panel HS Adult CPR AED Reminder Card
- (1) 2.875″ x 3.75″ 8-panel HS Child and Infant CPR AED Reminder Card