2020 Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course Digital Videos
Videos required to conduct the classroom-based portion of the AHA’s Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course, designed to prepare instructor candidates to teach AHA Instructor-led and blended learning Heartsaver course
The Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course Digital Videos contain the videos needed to conduct the classroom-based portion of the AHA’s Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course. This product features the same content as the course DVD but in a digital format that can be streamed or downloaded depending on the device.
The Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course is designed to prepare instructor candidates to teach AHA Instructor-led and blended learning Heartsaver courses. It educates instructor candidates on how to use AHA Instructor teaching materials, ensure that students meet learning objectives, offer student coaching skills, provide an objective skills performance evaluation, and follow AHA Instructor and course policies. The course covers core content and discipline-specific content required to teach AHA Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Courses.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course, students should be able to:
- Identify the prerequisites to becoming an AHA Instructor
- Describe the usability of the Program Administration Manual (PAM)
- Describe the core competencies of an AHA Instructor
- Describe the 5 steps of the AHA Instruction Cycle: Prepare, Teach, Test & Remediate, Close, and Keep Current
- Identify resources available to an AHA Instructor
- Describe how to use discipline-specific AHA Instructor materials: the Instructor Manual, Lesson Plans, course videos, and skills testing checklists
- Identify discipline-specific course formats available to students for completion of the course
- Describe discipline-specific course completion requirements
- Describe discipline-specific flexibility options available to an AHA Instructor within the course
- Describe the requirements for how to maintain an AHA Instructor status
- Describe effective AHA Instructor feedback and remediation techniques
- Demonstrate the administration of skills testing with the use of the skills testing checklists
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see AHA Digital Product Information.
Please note: When downloaded for offline viewing, each module/session will download individually and must be played separately.
This version is not compliant with the data privacy regulations under the (EU) European Union and should not be purchased for use in: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City