The American Heart Association Basic Life Support Instructor Manual is designed for use by AHA BLS instructors. The most current AHA BLS Instructor Manual is required for any instructor teaching BLS.
The BLS Manual for instructors consists of the following:
- Updated guidelines and new science from the American Heart Association for CPR and ECC
- Six sections divided into modules discussing concepts, preparation, teaching, testing, lesson plans, and HeartCode BLS
- BLS performance in-facility or prehospital settings.
- Discussions of high-quality CPR, its steps, and impact on survival.
- How to use an AED
- CPR with a focus on a multi-rescuer CPR team
What year is the most current AHA curriculum?
The AHA 2020 Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Manual fits the new standards set by the American Heart Association. Every five years the ECC updates standards and guidelines for CPR and First Aid. Any older training videos or curriculum such as the 2015, or 2010 guidelines have been retired and should no longer be used. In 2025, the ECC will release new guidelines and the AHA may choose to update curriculum then as well.